Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Open House - Deloitte

Name: Jinal Shah
Email Add: Jinal_gshah@yahoo.co.in
Company Name : Deloitte India Pvt Ltd
Location Offered: Mumbai
Postion Offered: Associate Analyst of Consulting in Technology Integration
Date of Campus : 30th Nov 2007
Package Offered : 4 Lacs (Total Expensation to Company)
It was the second open house company coming to VJTI

No of Rounds: 3
First we had almost 30 mins ppt. very brief and to the point.This was followed by an aptitude test.

Aptitude Test:
Duration: 40 questions n 60 mins.
Areas: Verbal and Quant section similar to CAT. No negative marking.
Questions were distributed through the paper ie. No separate sections.
No. of students who sat: 220
My take: Questions were of moderate difficulty.
Cut –offs were very high.
All my quant questions were correct.

1 hr after the aptitude test, list was put up of those shortlisted for interviews. 43 people were selected at this stage. all those who were selected for interview were put up in different slots and our interviews began bang on time.

2. Interviews
Each one had to give 2 rounds of interview:
1. Technical Interview:
Topics: My project, Software Engineering, Web Technology and Databases
Duration: 25 mins.
Sample Questions:
tell me about yourself?
tell us something about your project (mine was on sap)?
How javascript can b used and where?
What is Database Normalization?
What are different types of joins? etc
Which models u know in SE? Which would you use in your project?
Black box testing, White box testing? Etc
What do you mean by consultant? What does he do?

My Take: I had to go on and on but with confidence. They were checking my confidence, communication skills and grasp in the subject. I could direct my interview.

However for many people first round too was complete hr or mixture of technical and hr. It all depended on your interviewers and stuffs you mentioned in your resume.

2. HR Interview:
Duration : 25 mins
Sample Questions:
Give an elevator speech ( introduction speech- tell me about myself).
Few interesting questions like tell me how would u estimate the weights of table n chairs in this room?
Any challenging situation that you faced after which you felt a sense of accomplishment?
3 things Deloitte wants to convey?
Anything you would like to change in Deloitte?
What do you have to offer to Deloitte?
Which other offers do u have? (I had Accenture) and why deloitte?
and other similar questions were asked.

My Take: The person who took my interview was the vice president. He was checking my communication skills and ability to speak continuously.

So I was done for the day at 4pm but interviews of my other friends were to be taken. Our results were announced at 8.30 pm

Final intake: 16 out of 43.
Preparation: I had gone with zero preparation. Fortunately our ESE was over just 4 days before Deloitte interview so I could answer SE related questions very easily with confidence. We had also worked enough on our final year project to answer questions related to it.

No comments: