Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lehman Brothers 4

My Name: Radhika Nayak
Email Id:
rad1003@gmail.com
Branch: Computer
Name of the Company: Lehman Brothers
Post Offered: TDP Developer
Location: Mumbai

No of people who gave the aptitude test: approx. 200

Date of Aptitude: 14 Dec
Results announced on: 17 Dec
Date of Interview: 18 Dec

Aptitude Test:
It was conducted by Merit Trac. The paper was divided into 3 sections.

Verbal
Quantative
Logical

The questions were easy.
Some of the question types included were
In verbal, 2 passages were given and questions were based on that, synonyms, antonyms, filling in prepositions etc.
In quantative, questions were easy, based on sets, maths equations etc.
In logical, finding the odd man out etc.

All the sections are very simple but the time given is less. Each individual section has its own time slot. So you have to be really fast.

No Negative marking.

No of People who cleared the Aptitude: 91

Interview:

Interviews were well organized. Everyone was given their time slots for the interview. The time given to me was 2.00 pm but I was called for the first interview at 12.00. So be there well before time. Time slot was on the basis of your first name.

1. Technical Interview:
Duration: approx 20-25 mins
Questions in my case were asked on the basis of the projects mentioned in the resume.


Questions asked:
Tell me about yourself
Objects in java are called by reference or called by value in java? Wrote some code and asked to predict the output.
JDBC and ODBC connections in Java. They asked that very much in detail. What do you mean by drivers and many other related things.
Gave 2 tables with their attributes and primary keys. And asked about 2 queries on those. Some theory questions related to SQL were also asked
Differentiate between polymorphism and inheritance.
Question on Virtual functions. You have a base class pointer pointing to a derived class object. Both the base class and derived class have a function with the same prototype. Can u access that base class function with that pointer without making that function virtual?

There were some who were rejected in the technical interview.

2. HR Round:
Duration: Approx 15-20 mins

It was basically a stress interview. There were 2 panelists. One of them was a lady and was very sweet. She started the interview with simple questions like tell me about yourself, family background, your favorite color and your weaknesses. After that, the other person was really interested in only knowing whether I will join this organization or not. I was asked whether I gave CAT and when I said know, they asked me about GRE and when again I replied in negative, he was just after me, asking me you have a good CGPA and good academic records, I am not convinced with your answer.

The other questions that he asked me was why Lehman Brothers and not TCS (as I was placed in TCS).

No matter what I replied to his questions he said “I am not convinced”, “You have not sold me on this”. That was really very frustrating.

Be very careful with whatever you say in the interview specially the words you use. You might mean something but they just take it the other way round.


Results:
Finally the results were announced at around 7.30 pm. 39 people got through (including me of course), of which 21 were from computers.

BEST OF LUCK to you all.

No comments: