Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lehman Brothers 2

Submitted By: Esha Wali

Lehman Brothers Experience :

It started with impressive pre placement talk by the CIO of the company.. The spirits soared…Post of TDP…n only branch in India is in Mumbai..Hirandani Gardens..

Round 1 -> moderate level aptitude test strictly based on more of logic, little math and simple RCs (English)..Be well prepared..It can b difficult , if u aren’t prepared…Test was on Friday, result were disclosed on Monday,80+ ppl selected for next round to b held on Tuesday!

Round 2: Tech + HR Interviewà We were called alphabetically..the panel consisted of 2 men…They started with database coz I told wen I was asked that I was not comfortable with Java (y shud I take the risk???)…They then asked me 2 puzzles from which I cud solve just one..(I thought my world was crashing down!! My dream company was still a distant dream!!)..Then they shifted focus to HR..since I had number of extracurricular (nirmaan editor, event head tpp, trad show, Treasurer Ace) They asked my about team sizes and some particular incident, where I faced problem but I cud manage and how…They had scanned the whole reume and also kept on underlining a few things..They noted on it everything I said for forwarding to next interviewer..( I guess they were checking consistency in answers!) They ended by saying they were impressed and gave me a Lehman Brother pen!! (Yipeeeee!!)

Round 3 : Stress Interview->I call it stress coz the interviewer acted weird…Although we were sitting in FYBTech classrooms, he sat two benches away and was barely audible. I offered to sit on a closer bench, but he refused, saying he wud speak louder n even I shud do same…He asked about family background and confirmed a few things abt prev interview…Following this was a round of cross-questioning…I wud say interrogation..Y Lehman.. What if the company u join fails? Wat are ur plans for future studies…? He tried his best possible to run me down…Even to a point saying, “Take it from me..Ur opinion is wrong! Do u accept u r wrong? “, I replied, “Maybe”…He said, “Go now!!”…I gave him the biggest possible 100 watt smile..and saying thankyou....(HOW DID I DO IT??)

Round 4: I was called for HR..first person to b called thrice…I was shocked..Interviewer asked me wat happened..I said I gave interview before..He asked me prev Interviewers name…and said..He is the main one..He dusnt need to interview me..I cud leave!! (Okay..someone explain me..WAT WAS IT??? Y DID I DO IT???)

Some ppl even went upto 4 interviews..some stress some normal HR…

Final Verdict: Dream turned into reality….I was selected as a LEHMANITE..!!!

No comments: