Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ATOS Origin-1

Name: Subhash Lengare
Email: subhashlg26@yahoo.com
Company Name: ATOS
Position Offered: Associative Software Engineer
Package: 3L
Bond: 1.5 lakh for 2 yrs. (Think twice before going for ATOS coz it has high bond value!!)Company site: http://www.atosorigin.comNo of rounds: 2

Aptitude Test:
3 sections –verbal, quant and analytical

Interviews (Technical and HR mix)
HR and Technical interview were completed in 1 round only by different ppl.
Note: When I was surfing for atos paper I got a note DON'T LIE.
And it’s true. They catch if u lie.

Except that ppl from ATOS are cool and friendly. You don’t have to call them sir or madam. That’s ATOS culture.Any person from HR or Technical can fire a question at any time. No sequence is followed. They mostly check if you know your projects well.But remember one of the panels always tries to reject you. They give u a difficult question. And then your luck matters a lot. It depends on your luck that which team takes your interview.

Questions asked:
1> (HR)how do u feel as u were w8ing so long?(I was last person to be interviewed)
ANS I am tired of asking ppl that what type of question u ppl asked them
(aaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiga !!!!! I gave her wrong answer) she backfired

2>but there is something called patience
Ans. That’s why I am still sitting over here with a smiling face J(smile on her face).

3> (HR) tell me what type of question do we ask?
Ans u ask more about HR and less about technical.

4> (HR) what do u think which is important?
Ans As I am going to be an engineer and as my profile is technical, tech should be given a preference. Bt since I have to communicate in the organization den HR also has lots of importance.

5> what does mean by trying difference OS (Operating System) as a hobby? (I had written it in hobby)
Ans.whenever I get free time I format my pc and try another os. understand its feature.

6> which os u have tried?
windows2000 window xp windows vista, red hat,suse,ubunturight now I am using ubuntu.(If he wud have asked me I wud have gone to hell. but he didn’t...).

7> tell me about ur project teachers diary? (It was my adbms project)
though it looks like web application it was a dbms project. We had given importance to ER diagrams and queries.

8> which server u used? (I had used php)
I used apache

9) why not tomcat?I
heard abt tomcat. But I was more familiar to apache.

10) Which version u used?(He was checking whatever resources used for project were understood by me or not.)
Ans apache 2

11) which file u edited?
(It dint click me. I said)as I was using ubuntu there were no need to edit ne file.(then clicked)Bt in windows and apache and iis try to put them on same port i.e. 80I had to edit httpd.conf file and I changed apache ka port to 8080.(he was very happy with d ans. so Me. he got from chair and went outside)

12) (HR) k tell me about itself?
same blah blah I did this (if u want to tell abt some skill always tell dem ur experience or proof how u got that skill.)

13) What will u do if Ur team is best team but one person does not work up to Ur expectation?
I will understand what problems that person is having? I ll try to persuade him?
And in d last if that person harms good will of team then I will take strict actions.

14) Why atos?
(Big question) ans really speaking me never heard name of atos before 2 weeks. When a notice was put up on the board, I surfed site of ATOS origin India. When I saw Olympic ka logo on web den I came to decision that this company must be doing fine in global market. (ATOS has contract to provide IT solution to Olympic till 2012)That’s y I decided to join atos.

15) Will u join wipro? (Next day there was Wipro.)
Ans I have heard Wipro ka name since last 2 yrs. It is obvious dat I will join Wipro (again wrong ans.)Bt I won’t take my decision before listening to deir PPT.
Continued

but they have good brand name?
but maam ,there is kahavat in marathi.jo "chamakata hai woh hamesha sona nahi hota".
But u said it in Hindi
and we shared some laugh

16> do u want to ask nething ?
Just formality........

And I got selectedhey ppl I ws lucky dat I was not asked difficult questions.
some ppl were asked questions on c and c++ but those were not difficult. u get such questions on orkut communities and in placement papers.

In all they selected 15 ppl

hey pplwe hvnt got offer letter but they sent us a PDF about their event fungama.Its happening place over there. We are w8ing for u.................!!

No comments: