Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ATOS Origin 2

Name: Sushant Warik
Email Id: w_sushant25@yahoo.co.in
Company: ATOS Origin
Position offered: Associative Software Engineer
Package: 3.0 lacs per annum with a bond of 2 yrs.
A total of Rs 50,000 shall be awarded on completion of bond.
Place: Mumbai.
Date of Campus: 10th July 2007.

About the company: First of all Atos Origin is the company known for making software for Olympics. I don’t know. not pretty sure about it but this company has also made software modules for Airbus A380.. I wont talk about the company details. You would get on their web-site or on some placement sites.

First they had pre-placement talk of one hour. They gave a brief introduction of their company, their international and national branches. What are they doing in India and what are there plans.

How is their internal organizational structure. They have six branches in India all are in Mumbai . One in Mindspace (malad) Four in Andheri Seepz and one in vikhroli. Recently they have opened branch in Kolkata. I don’t know whether they are recruiting for Kolkata but from my knowledge they have sent 10 peoples from the training batch this year.

One good thing about the company was that they gave a detail description about their firm. What are they expecting from us and why are they recruiting for? They said they are planning to open branches in Poona and Banglore. They also said, they needed people which suits there working environment and had interested in working and initiating projects.

No of Rounds: 2

Round 1: First round was a written test. The test was of 1 Hr 15mins consisting of 3 sections. The test had negative marking with sectional cutoff. First section was verbal. Second was quantitave and last one was analytical. Questions were simple. Just go through R.S.Agarwal. It’s more than enough.

Round 2:
A total of 69 people sat for Aptitude. Out of which 27 people were short listed. Those who were short listed had to go through either HR or Technical interview. I don’t know on what basis they were doing but mine was a Technical interview. The interview lasted for 40mins.
There were 5 panels. Each panel had 1 or 2 interviewers. Mine interviewer was an age old person who had been working in ATOS for 12 years. I was tensed but he told me to be frank and comfortable. He started by asking questions like describe yourself, how much you scored in CET,10th,12th ,etc.

Then he asked me about my projects in OOAD, web technology SQL, etc. Here I would like to tell you that you should be thorough with your projects. He may ask you any sort of question. If you are using Database he would ask what tables you used. Why? Which normalization you used? Why these attributes? Why not in this way? All you need is to be thorough with your DBMS and OOAD concepts. Note, don’t try to bluff them. They are experts and would catch you. If you don’t know, say I don’t remember or don’t know much about it. It’s perfectly fine.

Later he said I want to know your analytical skills and told me to write a C code. He also told me to explain why I did so. Finally he asked me what you want to do in future. Any goals?
He went through my bio-data and asked about my extra curricular activities. He told me to give a brief description on one of my work. Be prepared for it as well.

Final Intake: Out of the 27, 13 were selected. We were given a gift which included a pen and a multipurpose knife. We were told to learn Java before we join the company.

What to learn:
They basically ask questions on OOAD , DBMS (SQL queries) and C. Be thorough with it.

No comments: